11.09.2013

some thoughts lately.


 My friend Megan showed me this hymn once when we were on a road tip. It is one of the most beautifully written verses in any song I know. I love it so much. I was reminded of it last night when I went to the Bridge (college group) with Stac to hear Ant speak. The massive, massive love of God...so much so that to write the love of God above would drain the ocean dry! I love that visual. Especially in this time of disaster in the Philippines, God's love prevails in all situations.
Perspectives class on Monday...a missionary by the name of Adoniram Judson wrote a letter to his future father-in-law asking if he would allow him to marry his daughter and take her into a potentially violent mission field and he said, "can you do this for the sake of him who left his heavenly home and died for her and for you, for the sake of perishing immortal souls, for the sake of zion, and the glory of God?" - whoaa. The father said yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment