11.18.2013

ITS HAPPENING.

YES YES. ITS HAPPENING.
Hopefully you'll be getting one of these in your mailbox very soon. All credit to my incredibly talented brother-in-law Anthony for this design work! Here is the letter that comes with the card :)

            Since graduating from Azusa Pacific University this past May, I’ve been back home enjoying postgraduate life and working part-time at lululemon athletica in El Segundo. Recently, the Lord has opened a really cool door for me to walk through and I want to tell you about it!
            I have been blessed with the opportunity to be the international photojournalism intern for Krochet Kids International! Krochet Kids Intl is a company that teaches women in developing countries how to crochet as a means of breaking the cycle of poverty. Their headquarters are in Costa Mesa, CA but all of their beanies, scarves, bow ties, etc are hade made by the women they work with in Gulu, Uganda and Lima, Peru! Their vision is simply – To create sustainable economic development programs that support holistic growth of individuals and communities living in poverty. Krochet Kids believes in the people they work with, the quality of the product they are producing, and bringing about lasting and powerful change rooted in love.
            For my specific position I will be spending about 2 ½ months in Gulu, Uganda!
            I will be training at KKi headquarters in Costa Mesa, CA for a week starting January 14th, 2014 and will be flying to Gulu shortly after. I will be living in a house with the other 4 interns and will be back home by the end of March! I am so thankful to have this opportunity to do something I love (photography), in a country with such a deep, rich culture, with an organization that is truly encompasses compassion, empowerment, love, and creativity!
            Most of the finances for this trip have already been covered, but I would really appreciate your prayers as my fellow interns and I prepare for this trip. Here are a few specific prayer requests:

-Safety in travel. Gulu is in northern Uganda, a long ways away from LA! Prayer for the team to all get there safely, and protection while we are traveling in country as well.
-For the 100 women currently working for KKi Uganda. That their diligence and hard work will properly equip them to enter the local economy, rise above poverty, and provide for their families.
-For the country of Uganda. As many of you know, Uganda has been struck with the horrible and destructive force of the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) led by Joseph Kony. Please pray for God’s sovereignty over this situation and the peaceful resettlement of the 800k IDPs (internally displaced person) in northern Uganda.
-Ministry. KKi’s focus is empowerment and sustainability, so please pray for the Gospel to take precedence within this community in Uganda, and for Gospel centered conversations to occur with these women as well as others who have not heard the good news of Jesus! Also, prayers for strong Biblical formation, teaching, leadership, and discipleship in Uganda.
-Children and Health. More than 50% of the population in Uganda is under the age of 15! Pray for these children, for their health, for the fight against AIDS, and for the upwards of 2 million orphans in country.

Feel free to contact me if there are any other ways you would like to support my trip, or if you have any other questions – I would LOVE to tell you more!  Please email me at faithamie@gmail.com and also check out Krochetkids.org for more of their story, mission, and products! (A really great place to buy Christmas gifts!)

Also, in preparing for the trip, as well as on the trip I will be posting photos on my blog amiefaith.blogspot.com as well as the new portfolio I’m working on, amiekomae.com so feel free to check out those two sites for updates!

Thank you so much for your love and support. I thank the Lord for your presence in my life!



WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. 

1 comment:

  1. I have banned my kids from speaking the overused (and often misused) word, "Awesome!" However, in this case, it is entirely appropriate! What an AWESOME opportunity to use your gifts for a worthy cause. So, so excited for how you will grow through this experience and looking forward to seeing some inspiring photos! Yay, Amie!

    ReplyDelete