12.31.2011

the year that was 2011

WOWZA. When I think about this past year...I really can't believe all the blessings God has given me. SERIOUSLY. an incredible year of new life, new loves, travels, friends...and one rockin good time.
I am UBBBERRRR thankful for all of the beautiful things God has allowed me to experience because I know I didn't deserve any of it. It's all by His grace! 
Here's a little recap of the year that was 2011...

APRIL: Lucky lucky me got to travel to Europe (Brussels, Bruges, Amsterdam, London, Paris...the works) to visit the Banksons! We saw so many beautiful places, ate a lot of really really good food, took a grip of pictures...and did our fare share of shopping. One of the most memorable trips of my life thus far!!
MAY: My roommate, and dear dear friend Cat became Mrs. Cornejo on May 27th of this year :) :)
What a joy it was to be a part of their big day! My heart was full of the memories shared between roommates and the memories that I knew would come from being a bridesmaid and seeing her and Trevor start their life together. WHAT A FUN DAY....
(wait for it...)
MAY: ON THAT SAME DAY...MAY 27th...HUNTER MINH KOMAE WAS BORN!
I was running around setting up for Cat's wedding up in SB...when lo-and-behold this little man decided it was time to show up! Now, I can forever say... "it's Hunter's 11th birthday...must be Cat and Trev's 11 year anniversary!"

ALL SUMMER: summer #2 with these crazy folks. Working another year at FOHO was incredible. The people in this photo (missing a few) are some of the most fun-loving, spirit filled, hilarious people I have ever had the blessing of working with..let along being FRIENDS with! We shared so many laughs, inside jokes, stories, heartbreak, hardships, and unending joy in Christ!! 
 AUGUST: spent 10 days in the wilderness...48hrs of that in complete solitude with the Lord. YOWZAHHHHHH. It still boggles my mind when I reflect back on my experience in the wilderness and the thoughts and lessons the Lord was trying to teach me. Probably the most ridiculous thing i've ever done...and i'd do it again.
 AUG-....ALWAYS!: my UP staff. theeeese people....where do I start? 
God really knew what He was doing when He put us all on the same staff. They are all so uniquely beautiful and talented, and I really really like being around them. All I can say is, they have made this year at school the best yet and I can't wait to continue being on a staff with them this next semester!


SEE??? WHAT A YEAR!!! 
Praise the Lord for His provisions, constant unending love, faithfulness...and for having a WAYYY better plan for my life then anything I could dream up. 

To end with a quote from this prayer by Mother Teresa that my friend Natijane shared with me a while ago (written from Jesus' perspective)

"Don’t you realize that My Father already has a perfect plan to transform your life, beginning from this moment? Trust in Me. Ask Me every day to enter and take charge of your life. – and I will. I promise you before My Father in heaven that I will work miracles in your life. Why would I do this? Because I THIRST FOR YOU. All I ask of you is that you entrust yourself to Me completely. I will do all the rest.
Even now I behold the place My Father has prepared for you in My Kingdom. Remember that you are a pilgrim in this life, on a journey home. Sin can never satisfy you, or bring the peace you seek. All that you have sought outside of Me has only left you more empty, so do not cling to the things of this life. Above all, do not run from Me when you fall. Come to Me without delay. When you give Me your sins, you gave Me the joy of being your Savior. There is nothing I cannot forgive and heal; so come now, and unburden your soul."

AMEN AND AMEN....WE'RE READY FOR YOU 2012!


3 comments:

  1. May God's blessings continue to shower down on your life not only for this coming year 2012, but as long as you continue to walk on the path that He has set out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully put amiefaith! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete