1.09.2011

the dip.

Today in church we read through the first 11 verses of Habakkuk. Mid way through thinking of texting my brother and telling him he should name his baby Habakkuk ....  I remembered another few verses in Habakkuk that I really liked...

 Habakkuk 3:17-19
"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my meet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights."

The dip is the tough stuff. The dip is when there are no grapes on the vine, no crops growing in the fields, and not animals in the stalls. The dip is when you're arguing with a friend, when you're failing a class, when you are faced with a major decision. That's the dip. In order for a rollercoaster to reach its highest point, it must dip. Sometimes in life we must accept the dip because that's how God will bring us up higher than we could ever imagine. 

whoo! oh man. oh man.
amen. amen. amen.

(photo: snapped this shot via iphone while putting up Christmas lights with my Dad.)

2 comments:

  1. As short as it is, Habakkuk's got so much to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeewwww...that yard picture is disgusting and makes me want to go clean it up right now...and that's the clean side!

    ReplyDelete