4.14.2011

the thrill of the trip.

camera. check. passport. check
well folks, looks like i'm about ready to head off for my european adventure!
Time has seriously flown by. If felt like just last week when we were planning this adventure to visit the Banksons. 
Seeing what flights worked best, what airports, what days...and now ITS HERE!

So I know this might sound strange - but I love airports. love.
I think it has to do with the type of people at airports. families. couples. grandparents. working people. 
I mean, next to Disneyland the airport is the greatest place to people watch! 
I remember mom telling me how she loved to make up stories...about people sitting in airports. 
She would imagine where they were going, who they were visiting, and why they were flying.

It's the thrill of the trip. The thrill of all the eclectic people and places you get to see.
the thrill of being cramped in an airplane for hours, watching the tv screen as the airplane ticks across the ocean. 
the thrill of being in such a far far farrrr away place that is nothing like home.
and the thrill of knowing that above all - it's a blessing to see more of the world that God 
created for all of us to enjoy, visit, explore, and praise Him for. 

so Brussels, Bruges, Antwerp, Amsterdam, Paris and London...HERE. WE. COME
my kinda travel. 

5 comments:

  1. Your blogsite redesign gets two thumbs up from this follower. Have a blessed European vacation.
    There will be a lot of people anxiously waiting to see the hundreds (maybe a thousand) of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAVE SOOO MUCH FUN AMIE! AND TAKE A BAAAZZIILLLIOOONNN PICTURES! you know, get all sALTorialist-meets-mrs. globetrot on us please. bring me back a...a....memory..? "i collect memories!" hahahaa anyways, love you and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun!! And my mt hermon kid who's in Belgium right now said to tell you to get lots of chocolate? Apparently it's good..?

    ReplyDelete
  4. this makes me so happy. :)
    emi

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha read my blog about airports! we're more alike than i thought. (maybe it's the asian in us?)

    anyways, i hope you're having fun and i can't wait to hear about your trip!

    p.s. sweet new blog layout.

    ReplyDelete