8.23.2014

busy bee.

*lenya noodle and I at the CCSB luau! How cute is she. 

The best word to describe the end of August/beginning of September is BUSY. But busy in the best way possible! Here are a few reasons why:

-My dearest friends Anneke and Natty sue will be in town labor day weekend - hallelujah! Anneke is coming from Chicago to help her sister move into college and Natty is driving down from Napa to hang out with everyone, especially our friend Courtney who just got back from a year in India! We are hoping to get a good group of us ladies together :)

-The Hans are in town soon! We get the pleasure of hosting the Hans for a week while they soak up their last few days in Cali before taking the big move to Coloradoooooo. I am so excited for them to take on this big move but always so thankful for the time we get to spend together!

-The good Lord has blessed me with a tutoring job 10 minutes from home and I have really been loving it. 99.9 % of my clients are Japanese business people or housewives who recently moved to the states and need help with their English! I consider it a huge blessing from God that he has provided me a job I truly love. I mean, I get to spend my days connecting with new people and encouraging them in their learning! *and talking about delicious Japanese food - yes!* Many of the clients we work with were gone in the summer, and now they are allllll coming back for sessions meaning my schedule is filling up fast! 

-Reading goals! There are many books I am in the process of reading and many I still hope to read in the future. I'm thankful for the time, energy, and enthusiasm to dig into some good books and gain some knowledge. currently reading --> Surprised by hope (N.T Wright), Half the sky (Kristof and WuDunn), and Works of love (Kierkegaard). Also at the Bridge bible study we are going through Ephesians and I'm in the process of remembering some key verses from the first 4 chapters. 

-random other important things...I'm shooting some video footage for my sweet friend Deanna's wedding the first weekend in September...and oh! my former Ugandan roommate and friend Travis has moved from PA to CA to intern with krochet kids here in costa mesa and i'm greatly anticipating eating in & out with him! 

SOOOOO.....many things happening but I couldnt be more stoked for all that up ahead. I thank the Lord for the ways He opens doors for opportunity in our lives and my prayer is that He may be glorified through everything!


EPHESIANS 4:1-5

As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is OVER ALL AND THROUGH ALL AND IN ALL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment