12.11.2014

いきましょう!- lets go!

Welcome to the life of Amie-Sensei! 

Last week I had the opportunity to host a three-day english class for 18 Japanese clients. The tutoring company I work for usually does private tutoring lessons (one-on-one style) but we got hired to host a group class and we decided to jump on the opportunity with hopes that this type of program can become a regular occurrence! 

I was a bit nervous for all the small detail to fall into place (also there was a 100% chance of rain one of the days which was a real bummer) but thankfully I had an incredible team to work with and my boss ended the week by saying this project was a 200% success!! HA. take that rain! 

And to me...the craziest part of all of this is how fun it is to spend time with new friends from across the world. The blessing of living in LA is that I don't have to travel far to be emerged in another culture- beautiful!

^we were lucky enough to meet at the Marriott conference rooms which made things feel 
super legit haha! 
^the goal of our classes was to get the students to "break their shell." All 18 clients work in the
computer science/engineering field so they were all pretty shy! This is them playing 
family feud hosted by one of my fellow instructors -traci mats! 
^last group photo at the mall!
^also did I mention 3 of my dear friends were able to teach along side me! Emiko, Kelcie and Trac!
These girls were such amazing teachers and became quick friends with their groups!
^farewell party! They gifted the teachers with matcha green tea and thanked us all of helping them with their English. What really stood out to me was what Masaru said (guy on the far left). He said something along these lines, "I've traveled to many countries. 11 exactly. In every country I have visited people have been nice and understood my English - but this was the first time someone really helped me by correcting my English. Thank you for helping me fix my mistakes. I appreciate it!"

I found that to be pretty cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment